What Is The Legacy Club?
Legacy club donors benefit community non-profit organizations
The Legacy Club is a donor group of select individuals and businesses helping the FFH Foundation attain its long-term endowment fund goal by raising the first $1 million of the $5 million fund goal. Once $1 million in fund contributions has been raised, Legacy Club membership will be closed. Memberships consist of several classifications.
- FOUNDERS - donors of $25,000 or more (payable over four years)
- PATRONS - donors of $10,000 or more (payable over four years)
- PLATINUM - donors of $5,000 (payable over three years)
- GOLD - donors of $2,500 (payable over two years)
- SILVER - donors of $1,000 (one year)
How Can I Contribute To The Legacy Club?
We can accept gifts of almost any kind
You or your company can make a gift that may be funded over two to four years. The FFH Foundation can accept gifts of almost any kind, including the following:
- Marketable securities, including stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- Real estate, mortgages and notes
- Closely held business, including partnerships and limited liability company interests
- Life insurance policies
How Will My Contribution Be Used?
Perpetual benefits to community non-profit organizations
Legacy Club donors provide a source to benefit non-profit organizations in Farmington and Farmington Hills for generations to come. Contributions will be permanently endowed with only earnings used to fund grants that benefit our communities. Legacy Club contributions will allow many programs and opportunities to take root and grow. Contributions will not be used for general operation expenses. Donations to the Legacy Club are earmarked for the Foundation's Endowment Fund, now being managed by the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan (CFSEM).
Why become a member of the Legacy Club?
Legacy Club contributions:
- Are permanent and will benefit Farmington and Famington Hills for generations to come.
- Provide a convenient and lasting way of leaving a financial legacy for the betterment of our communities, both now and in the future.
- Provide the initial impetus to raise an Endowment Fund of $5 million.
- Assure the long-term financial viability of the FFH Foundation.
- Demonstrate to our communities the widespread support for Foundation activities.
- Encourage others to become involved, financially and otherwise, in the work of the FFH Foundation.
What Are Legacy Club Membership Benefits?
Provide permanent recognition for you or your company
Legacy Club members will be honored and recognized in several ways. The FFH Foundation will:
- Provide permanent recognition for you or your company. A site at the 12 Mile Branch of the Farmington Library has been identified and will include a plaque listing Legacy Club members.
- Publicly recognize all Legacy Club members at the annual Gala, the Foundation's premier fundraising event.
- Invite Legacy Club Founder members to participate on an Advisory Committee to provide input to Foundation Trustees on a variety of issues.
Are my contributions to the Legacy Club tax deductible?
Yes. The CFSEM is a 501(c)(3) organization. In addition donations to the Legacy Club are eligible for the Michigan Tax Credit.
Where can I get more information about the Legacy Club?
Interested persons or companies may contact Barbara Yuhas, Executive Director of the FFH Foundation at (248) 345-9090 or via e-mail at barbarayuhas @ aol.com.
Honored Members of the Legacy Club
The FFH Foundation is pleased to announce the members of the Legacy Club
- Audrey Murtland
- The Riley Foundation
- Sellers Buick GMC – Anne Lekher & Sam Slaughter
- Jan Dolan, Theresa & Brian Rich, Joanne Smith
- The Elliott, Ludwig & Steinberg Families
- The Grainger Fund
- Grand/Sakwa Management, L.L.C.
- Harman/Becker Automotive Systems
- Kojaian Management Corporation
- The Leo E. & Ann June Mainville Fund
- Lee Ann & Greg Murtland
- Marla Parker & Bradley Goldberg
- Kaye & Richard Miller
- Suzanne Sloat & Ray Okonski
- Lee & Paul Blizman
- Sherry & Mark Burns
- Mary Anne & Robert Heinrich
- James Mitchell